Produce and personalize your intelligence
A poorly configured and unsuitable CTI generates stress and frustration
Depending on the sector of activity in which you operate, accessing exclusive intelligence can easily turn into an obstacle course. As SOC manager, CSIRT manager, you are, for example, frustrated at the idea of establishing your cyber defense strategy on information that is far from exhaustive and without elements of contextualization for your analysts.
In cases where you have a data stream from OSINT or paid sources, you lack the hardware resources to take advantage of this mass of information.
This situation exposes your company to the most sophisticated and recent threats. So you have the need to establish an information cycle adapted to your quality criteria and your organizational environment.
Anticipate the presence of threats and strengthen your detection capacity
From your Threat Intelligence platform, your analysts have the opportunity to carry out jointly and over long periods, investigations around threats. For example, these investigations may focus on the methods used by groups of attackers to target organizations, such as yours.
The results from these surveys represent an opportunity to:
• Upgrade your defensive coverage and above all to improve it.
• Configure your detection rules according to the rules of the art and above all strengthen their ability to identify the most recent vulnerabilities, the attackers’ operating modes (TTPs) and malicious activities on your information system…
• Take advantage of the power of your security tools by, for example, blocking indicators of compromise on your Firewall, antivirus and EDR.
Define the priority level alerts and respond quickly before impact
Thanks to intelligence produced on malware, ongoing campaigns and methods used by actors associated with these threats, incident response teams have sufficiently structured and contextualized information to:
1. Assess the priority level of alerts by taking advantage of the knowledge produced there; prioritize them and focus on addressing the most crucial ones.
2. Accelerate investigations by, for example, correlating elements of an attack in progress with data previously identified from a similar attack.
3. Quickly formulate adequate responses before impact.
Create the conditions for better collaboration between analysts
Your CTI analysts and researchers can structure and organize the intelligence activity according to the level of quality that they deem appreciable.
Thanks to the presence of customizable playbooks, they can, for example, enrich their CTI production from third-party sources of information or integrate according to their needs, third-party indices (observables, reports, URLs…).
Collaboration also becomes child’s play. They can, in fact, jointly build analysis files around subjects of common interest, prioritize them but also define their mode of distribution within the organization.